oh my god this looks flippin adorable
… my god, it’s every fanfic in the world.
I am so conflicted about this
is this an actual episode because holy shit
no….no. no. please no??? no????? no.
okay listen i’m gonna rain on the parade and bring up some factors that suck about this movie thing coming out in june-
1. it sucks the creativity from creating humanized pony cosplay and art. no longer are people going to be judged on creativity and construction of costumes or character visual design. we now have a human standard to compare to, and it sucks.
2. the merch. the merch is going to ATTACK EVERYONE ALL AT ONCE and it’s going to drown out actual ponies. which i enjoy more.
3. interpreting cutie mark clad ponies into a world where LITERALLY EVERYONE EXCEPT BOYS WEAR SKIRTS???? uM DOES ANYONE GET WHERE THE PROBLEM WITH THAT LIES??? cutie marks define your talent! in the human world, shit, what do they get transformed into- just a cute pattern that literally everyone has to have? the world in this movie had better be fucking magical as hell and explained/elaborated on HEAVILY.
4. this is not an episode, but an actual movie, with a red-carpet premiere and everything. it’s going to DVD almost immediately though I think, and it’s having a Hub spot special. do you know what that means? it’s VERY likely to have a sequel, or even be an entire series- and then oh so quietly replace actual MLP.
5. i s2g if romance plays a part in this
6. going back to #3- some characters just WOULDN’T wear a skirt! is there any background ponies who wear shorts/pants that aren’t male? also, where are the male cutie marks- their back pockets? so we have to stare at their asses…o k.. a y./???? but no, my main concern is with ladies. applejack for example wouldn’t wear a skirt. to her credit it might be a skort (skirt+shorts) but still. it just doesn’t seem like she’d … wear that. rainbow dash, too. scootaloo. etc.
7. further, uhhh, does this mean all the ponies are canonically teenagers???? weren’t they supposed to be MUCH older? i mean fuck, rarity owns her own BUSINESS. this is just messy.
i am terrified that humanizing these ponies is going to drown out their personality, their quirk, their everything. i swear to god heads will roll if they don’t at least try to keep the pacing and unique quirks/personalities in tact.
Like a year ago or something a work friend of my mom was telling me how his wife was working on storyboard for this
I just remember slow turning and going “Wow. This will start the biggest shit show on the internet.” And the guy laughed really hard because they all knew it.